“Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.” Psalm 71:9 King James Version)
You know you are aging when:
- Everything hurts and what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work.
- The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
- Your Little Black Book has only names ending in M.D.
- You get winded playing Chess.
- Your children begin to look middle-aged.
- You finally reach the top of the ladder, and find it leaning against the wrong wall.
- You decide to procrastinate but then never get around to it.
- A dripping faucet causes an uncontrollable bladder urge.
- You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions.
- You walk with your head held high trying to get used to your bifocals.
- Your favorite part of the newspaper is 25 Years Ago Today.
- You turn out the light in the bedroom for economic and not romantic reasons.
- You sit in a rocking chair and can’t make it go.
- Your knees buckle and your belt won’t.
- After “painting the town red,” you have to take a long rest before applying a second coat.
- You remember today that yesterday was your wedding anniversary.
- The best part of your day is over when your alarm clock goes off.
- Your back goes out more than you do.
- A fortune-teller offers to read your face.
- The little gray-haired woman you help across the street is your wife.
- You get exercise acting as a pallbearer for your friend who exercised.
- You have too much room in the house and not enough in the medicine cabinet.
- You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
- You feel like “the morning after,” and you haven’t been anywhere.
- You have to put on an old pair of eyeglasses to find your new pair.
It’s a Blessing to be able to “think” and to “laugh” at ANY age, but even more Blessed to know that God’s Love and care for each of us is AGELESS and EVERGREEN!
“Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age: they shall be fat and flourishing . . . .” Psalm 92:13-14 (KJV)